September 29, 2020
In the recent weeks we have seen parts of Canada descend into another wave of COVID-19 cases. Accordingly, the following information is provided to UNE Locals for guidance with assessing the possibility and viability of in-person meetings. Given the quickly evolving situation we also recommend checking with the public health unit in for the community in question if more specific information is required.
In Ontario, as of September 19, 2020, the new gathering limits are:
- Indoor events or gatherings: 10 people maximum
- Outdoor events or gatherings: 25 people maximum
For more information on changes to gathering limits: www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario-stages#gathering-changes
In Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Laval, the Outaouais and the Chaudière-Appalaches regions have moved into code orange, with the following restrictions:
- Private indoor or outdoor gatherings: 6 people maximum
- Activities organized in a public setting: 25 people maximum
Starting Thursday, October 1, for a period of 28 days, the regions of Montreal, Quebec City, and the Chaudière-Appalaches regions will be moved into code red Level 4–Maximum Alert, with the following restrictions:
- Private indoor or outdoor gatherings: prohibited
- Activities organized in a public setting: Prohibited, except for places of worship and funerals
As the move is towards more restrictions, Locals are encouraged to conduct activities virtually where possible.